Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Tucker are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of your filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder and can also reduce the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from ACS Heating and Air Conditioning in Tucker offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 770-450-1539 and keep cool this summer.