Having routine air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Tucker summer, have the specialists at ACS Heating and Air Conditioning conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to unlawfully freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Check for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We advise checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call ACS Heating and Air Conditioning today at 770-450-1539.