With warmer temps right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at its best, it can cut a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could drastically raise your costs and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your ACS Heating and Air Conditioning expert do air conditioning service
at least yearly is critical to keeping your system running efficiently for the long haul. He or she can be sure the unit is operating as it should be and can identify looming issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during winter. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could harm your system and require major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they may interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any aspect of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them every month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on aspects like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the experts at ACS Heating and Air Conditioning a call at 770-450-1539.