Summer weather in Tucker can be rough. But you don’t have to pick between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility expenses. We’ve compiled some tips to help you out.
The best thing you can do to stay comfy and sustain energy efficiency is by maintaining your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® says keeping your system working reliably and efficiently, and ACS Heating and Air Conditioning is here to assist. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll perform the following tasks suggested by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to make sure there’s safe operation of your system and the chance of a longer lifespan for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as needed. Dirty coils require your system to run longer to do its job.
- Check system controls to make sure of proper and safe operation.
- Look at refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to be sure of correct system airflow.
Another crucial piece to keeping cool is regularly inspecting your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter can boost energy bills and damage your equipment, which could lead to early failure. Our ACS Heating and Air Conditioning pros will check these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to check the manufacturer’s recommendations to arrange your own schedule to swap them out.
Here are some other tips to keep your home cool and energy-efficient:
- Inspect thermostat settings to ensure your air conditioner keeps you comfy when you are home and saves energy while you are gone.
- If it is cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let nature cool your home for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to retain the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Take advantage of fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a bit higher than you routinely would without feeling any changes in your comfort level.
- Another style of fan people routinely forget about when they’re attempting to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Be sure to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to get rid of the heat and humidity from your bathroom.
- Work to not leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven are adding heat into your home, but even routine activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like more ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give ACS Heating and Air Conditioning at call at 770-450-1539 or request an appointment with us online.