Whether you like winter or prefer the warmer months in Tucker, most of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us cozy. This can have a huge impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Assess the weather stripping – After many years, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Make use of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your space warm. Keep them open when the sun is shining during the day, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter routinely to see if it needs to be replaced. We suggest at least once every three months, but time between replacement can vary among households.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – Programmable thermostats may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also save you money! You can set temperatures to be cooler when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to reduce the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs a little attention, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will verify that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to enhance efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. An expert at ACS Heating and Air Conditioning can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you are considering routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide more tips on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give ACS Heating and Air Conditioning in Tucker a call to get started. Contact our team at 770-450-1539 or arrange an appointment with us online.